Fortnum & Mason, the world-famous emporium on London’s Piccadilly, is launching a range of bespoke wedding and celebration cakes perfect for your big day.
The range of six distinct cakes are inspired by the famous retailer’s past, each representing a different era of their historic heritage and excellence, including the Georgian lace cake, inspired by the sleek design and structured design of the time; the Ruffle Cake, inspired by garters and petticoats; the Cameo cake, using silhoettes as a central motif as admired by Queen Charlotte, and others.
Here are some beautiful wedding cakes
1. Ruffle Cake – Inspired by garters and petticoats and topped with sugar flowers.
2. Tea Rose Cake – Inspired by Fortnum’s tea range and romantic roses. Flowers are hand painted directly onto the mid-tier of the cake.
3. Georgian Lace Cake – Inspired by Georgian style lace, a structured and sleek design that is deliciously modern. Brides to be can use the lace from their dress as the motif.
4. Cameo Cake – Inspired by Queen Charlotte’s love of cameos and silhouettes. The central motif can feature an image of the bride and groom or be replaced with monograms.
5. Celebration cakes, from £95, come in two different sizes and in three distinct styles: Plain cake with pretty piped border and message; English Rose Cake, all sugar flowers with a customised message; and a two tiered cake that looks like a present with pretty sugar ribbons.
6. Tea Rose Cake – Inspired by Fortnum’s tea range and romantic roses. Flowers are hand painted directly onto the mid-tier of the cake